Wholehearted living. Sounds great, right? But what does it means? According to Dr Brené Brown, who has spent the past ten years studying Wholeheartedness, it is about engaging in our lives from a place of worthiness. It means cultivating the courage, compassion, and connection to wake up in the morning and think, “No matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough.” It’s going to bed at night thinking, “Yes, I am imperfect and vulnerable and sometimes afraid, but that doesn’t change the truth that I am also brave and worthy of love and belonging.””
To live wholeheartedly is to be vulnerable with a compassionate heart. Put yourself out there, share your intentions with the world, let go of the ‘shoulds’ and accept who you are. Yes, it’s scary. But only by being vulnerable and ‘letting go’ can you foster more meaningful relationships, more joy, more creativity and a great sense of purpose.
We love the concept of Wholeheartedness and encourage you to make a promise to cultivate the courage, compassion, and connection to live wholeheartedly. The following promises have been adapted from Dr. Brene Brown’s ‘10 Guideposts for Wholehearted Living’ based on her book, The Gifts of Imperfection.
1. Promise to ‘let go of what people think about you’
2. Promise to ‘let go of perfectionism’
3. Promise to ‘let go of numbing and powerlessness’
4. Promise to ‘let go of scarcity’
5. Promise to ‘let go of the need for certainty’
6. Promise to ‘let go of comparison’
7. Promise to ‘let go of exhaustion as a status symbol and productivity as self-worth’
8. Promise to ‘let go of anxiety as a lifestyle’
9. Promise to ‘let go of self-doubt and “supposed to”’
10. Promise to ‘let go of being cool and “always in control”’
Are you ready to live from a place of authenticity and worthiness? Are you ready to live wholeheartedly? Yes! Great! Make your promise today and take the first step towards creating a life you love.